2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine, chicken or beef stock
- 400g can Italian chopped tomatoes
- 400g dried whole meal pasta
- Flaked parmesan, to serve
- 500g minced low fat lean beef
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried breadcrumbs
- Chili to taste
Meatballs, place all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with some chili and pepper. Mix well to combine. Form tablespoonful of mixture into balls.
Heat in a large Teflon frying pan or saucepan over high heat. (use a teaspoon of olive oil) Add meatballs and cook, turning until golden brown
Add onion to pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add wine or stock and simmer until reduced by 1/2. Return meatballs to pan with tomatoes and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and return to pan. Add meatballs and sauce and toss to combine, then serve scattered with flaked parmesan.