If you are having problems getting kids eating healthy and lots of vegetables try this recipe….
Takes about 20 minutes to prepare.
Makes about 10 rissoles
- 500g orange sweet potatoes… peel and mashed
- 1 x large can of Salmon … drained
- 1 celery stick, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- capsicum finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup drained canned corn kernels
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Mild chilli and pepper to taste
- Cook sweet potato until tender then mash. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Mash until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Add the Salmon, celery, carrot, corn, parsley, onion, capsicum, spices, chilli, pepper and egg yolk to the mash. Season with sea salt and stir until well combined.
- Divide mixture into 10 portions. Shape each portion into a patty. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Add the patties and turn to coat.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook 4 patties for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining patties.
- Serve patties with extra sweet chilli sauce if desired.
The kids love them and they get a serve of several vegetables.
“Master’s In Education” (Disability) Newcastle University Australia
“Grad Cert Education” Newcastle University Australia
“Diploma of Sport and Recreation”
“Cert 4 Personal Training”
“Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach”