Time to cook and prepare 30 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 cup freshly picked parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly picked coriander leaves for your herb garden
- 2 brown onion, chopped
- 500g lean low fat beef mince
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ginger
- Some saffron threads
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tbs chopped fresh coriander, extra
- 1 tsp hot or mild paprika
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tbs hot milk
- low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Line your baking tray with foil. Place parsley, fresh coriander and onion in your food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add mince, ground coriander, cumin, paprika, allspice and season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Use your hands to mould a heaped tablespoonful of beef mixture around a bamboo (well moistened) skewer into a 7cm pointed-ended sausage. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and skewers. Cover and set aside.
- Place the saffron and hot milk in a small bowl and set aside. Combine the yoghurt, extra fresh coriander, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Brush the kofta with a little of the oil and cook under preheated grill, turning carefully once and brushing with the oil, for 5-8 minutes or until browned and just cooked through.
- Add saffron mixture to yoghurt mixture and mix well. Serve kofta with saffron yoghurt.
“Serve with a large salad mix of spinach leaves, lots of fresh cheery tomatoes, kalamata Olives and natural organic fetta cheese mix topped with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.” Ahhhhh…..its good for you and tastes sensational!!!